Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear devices type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear units type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, see in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the rated HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is usually 9, the unit HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Intrigued in finding out more concerning crane duty helical gearbox? Have a look at our site.